All our other faculty and staff members also took training at Washburn School when two of the presenters and researchers from the United States that presented in the conference came to our school beforehand to work with the continuous improvement of our curriculum and language program. The teachers present at the conference will be presenting what they learned about to all our Washburn School teachers on November 25th.
Some of the workshops our teachers attended were :
- What Vocabulary Most Young English Language Learners Should Learn in School?
- Successful English Language Learners in Puerto Rico Insights to Share form Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth Director of Multilingual Multicultural Doctoral Programs in NYU
- Teaching English (Globish) in the Third Millennium
- Strategies for Nurturing Empathy in the ESL Classroom
- Novel Assessment Techniques for the 21st Century Classroom
- Learning About Culture Through Stories
- Predictability of High-Stakes Assessments using English Language Proficiency Levels