- Students whose parents have a past due balance with the school will not be allowed to take the finals; this, until the balance is canceled. Those students will not be able to be exempted from final exams. All the fees must be up-to-date including annual fees, lunchroom, monthly payments, and monthly late fees. Any past due balance should be paid by Friday, December 4th 2015.
- In order to take the final tests, the December monthly payment must be up-to-date, paid in full as scheduled.
- IsiNet accounts will be blocked to those parents with a past due balance.
Reviews and final tests schedule
From December 8th to 10th (elementary level) and from December 7th to 10th (secondary level) students will take their final tests in the morning. There will be no classes in the afternoon. Lunch will be served.
Parents must pick up their children from 11:30 AM– 12:00 PM (please see the test schedule by school level)
Final tests school hours:
Elementary Level --- 7:50 AM - 11:10 AM
Secondary Level ---7:50 AM – 11:30AM
- Final test repositions will be on December 10th, 2015 (please check the schedule included in the attachment).
- Final test repositions will be on December 10th, 201 (please check the schedule included in the attachement).
Students with an average of 97 percent or more per subject will be exempted from the final test of that specific subject. The students will be notify by their teachers by December 4th, 2015.
Note 1: If the grades in the isiNet portal have not been updated by the teachers, they will calculate the grades using their record book.
Note 2: Students whose parents have a balance due will not be able to be exempted from final exams. Any balance due should be paid in full by December 4th, 2015.
- Final tests are not partial, they are final. This means they must include basic skills for each subject covered in the semester. The structure of the final tests will be multiple choice and critical thinking questions.
- Reviews will include skills that will be measured in the test. Yet, those skills will not be presented in the test using the same form or structure as in the reviews.
- Try to avoid students being absent for the finals. Any reposition will only be allowed if it is due to a justified cause.
- Teachers will take their lunch break at 12:00 noon and cannot be responsible for the students after 12:00. They will be busy in the afternoon grading tests, posting grades in the isiNet internet portal, and preparing their end-of-semester paperwork.
Pre-kinder and Kindergarten school schedule:
- Pre-kinder and Kinder students will continue their regular school hours, from 7:30 AM-2:30 PM until December 9th, 2015.
- There will be no school on Thursday, December 10th, 2015 for Pre-kinder and Kinder students. The teachers will be working on the end-of-semester paperwork and on the progress report.
Students from Pre-kinder to 12th grade:
Friday, December 11th, 2015 – will be the last day of school for all Washburn’s students. Teachers will organize a simple “get together” to celebrate the completion of the first semester. No lunch will be served. All students will be dismissed at 10:30 AM. Parents must pick up their children from 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
Last day of school schedule:
Pre-kinder and Kinder: From 7:30 AM-10:30 AM
1st to 12th grade: From 7:50 AM - 10:30 AM
Please open the attachment to see the Final Test Calendar 2015-2016